Sunday, October 2, 2011

Things are definitely getting worse.

It's to the point where you can't even have a conversation with her. She is so out in left field. I just let her talk and ramble and if she asks a question I try to pretend I know what she is talking about, but I find myself saying, "I don't know what you are talking about" a lot of times. Right now she is laying there and every once in a while she says something that is so completely off the wall.

She's on oxygen now and she says that it makes her feel better, but based on how she has been acting...I can't see how that is true.

She's not eating or drinking as much either, which I know is kind of the progression of things also.

It's just so strange. I find myself being confused a lot of times too because I don't know what to say or do in response to her. We've had some funny typical "Topham" moments though...my dad and I have laughed a lot which is nice. And my mom and dad are sooooo much more affectionate with each other than they have ever been. It's a little odd, but nice to see.

Not sure how much time is going to be left. Obviously I don't want her to go, but I don't want her just lingering like this either.

This song is special to me for a lot of reasons...it came on tonight and I realized that this music somehow communicates what I feel better than any words at the moment:



I really need to get some stuff done: creamation, memorial service details, etc...hoping for a productive day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment