Monday, October 10, 2011

So fitting...:)

So now I'm here at my parents house for the duration. A special friend came and spent a few hours with her this morning which gave me some time to go through a closet looking for pictures (which I found!) However, what I also found was "started, but never finished projects" of my moms. It's doubly fitting because she was always thinking of me and always wanting to do things for me. But the fact that she never finished them brings a smile to my face because that was just her :) She had so many grand ideas, but was always a procrastinator. I don't say that to be ugly. If you knew her you knew she said it about herself and it was just one of her things :) Who knows...maybe I'll learn to sew and finish them myself. (yeah right!)

There is a strange paradox at the house. There is sadness, but yet a calmness and peace at the same time. At least for me there is, I can't speak for anyone else. More tears today as people come to say goodbye, but I just love knowing how loved she was. I've always felt so fortunate to have her as MY mom and I feel it so much more now.

My friend Mandy has been telling me about this song for a while now and I finally heard it the other night. Heard it again on my way here today. Can't help but be excited that she will really be running into the arms of her Jesus soon.

"Forever Reign" by: One Sonic Society

You are good, You are good
And there's nothing good in me

You are love, You are love
On display for all to see

You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in

You are hope, You are hope
You've covered all my sin

You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling

You are truth, You are truth
Even in my wandering

You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing

You are life, you are life
In You death has lost it's sting

Oh, I'll run into Your arms
I'll run into Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough

And nothing compares
To Your embrace
Light of the world
Forever reign

You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say

You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim

You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole

You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go

My heart will sing
No other name
Jesus, Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment