Friday, October 7, 2011

A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity... Proverbs 17:17

My mom had some sweet visits today. My mom, Rose and Cindy are the "Three Amigos". They  have been friends for 20 years and it is such a sweet relationship they share. They were able to visit today and I was able to capture some of their moments. When Rose leaned down to say goodbye my mom said, "I'll see you in Heaven". We were a little taken aback. I think she is beginning to detach. We read about this kind of thing in the Hospice book. Well then they started saying they loved each other and kept saying it. I was crying, Cindy was crying, Diana was crying and Rose was crying. It was kind of a sign of things to come :(





I am so grateful that God has given my mom such amazing friends in her life. I love these women so much. I've learned so much from them and I've seen what that godly friendship can be. I'm so blessed now to have my own "Cindy and Rose" :)

Her friend Deana came over tonight also with her husband. Deana compares their relationship to "Lucy and Ethel". She was telling some stories that had me crying with laughter. We had a great visit. She's a special woman. While the girls were chatting, my dad took Steve down to his war room and they were just like little boys playing with toys. It was so cute.



 I witnessed a sweet moment between my mom and dad last night. As my dad was helping her to the potty seat he asked her if she wanted to dance. She said she'd like to dance with him all night long. He then started to cry. It was just precious.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have captured these moments - they will be precious in the months and years to come. Continuing to pray, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete