Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Beginning of the End...

I went to dinner with a friend tonight who is in the same situation we are right now. It was a nice time to share with someone who is currently walking in your shoes. When I got back and sat down with my mom I could see a difference. I watched her for a bit and then video'd her breathing patterns and sent them to her best friend Cindy. After some back and forth she said that yeah she thought it was starting and she was heading over.

She's been here for a little while now and has confirmed that yes this is the beginning. It could be just a few hours or go until the afternoon. I hope for Cindy's sake it happens before she has to leave for work.

I've had some time alone with her and said some things I didn't realize I wanted to say until I was in the moment. I told her that I wanted her to go see Jesus now. I told her since there was no time in Heaven she would never be a procrastinator again :) I told her she would never have to make any decisions ever again either!! I got to lay with her for the first time since she got a new mattress today.  We've been reading Scripture to her and are now sharing stories.

God's grace is so sufficient. When Cindy and I were texting and when I texted Danny I could hardly type because I was shaking so bad. I immediately prayed for peace and He immediately granted it!!

One thing I told her was that I didn't want to know what life was going to be like without her. I'm really dreading that moment.

Ok...we are laughing right now. 

Psalm 14:7 ... "Even in laughter the heart may ache, and joy may end in grief."


1 comment:

  1. Brittany-I am praying for you and your family. You are an inspiration to all of us who have gone through this and will go through this. If everyone was able to be as strong as you are through this then death wouldn't be so tragic and scarey to us. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about Mrs. Martin and tear up. How much I need her advice on certain things that only she could answer but then I realize that God might take away our dear family member but he will give us another person to help us get through the hard times, himself. If we would just lean on God's strength instead of our own and let him carry us, our heart wouldn't break as much as it does. You are such an inspiration! Stay strong! You have prayer warriors praying and standing right beside you and your family!
    Sisters in Christ!
    Chancie Martin

    ReplyDelete