Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I kinda realized (because sometimes it takes me a while) that no matter how much I try to prepare myself...I am just not going to be prepared when she does actually die. I know that God's grace will be sufficient, I have no doubt about that. But I know that I just won't be prepared for the feelings I'm going to feel. Somehow I guess I thought that watching her slowly slip away would prepare me, but I'm figuring out that's not how it works.

She is still quite funny even when she is incoherent. She blurts out the most random things and you can't help but laugh. I like that we can laugh...even at 4am when we are exhausted and just want her to stop blurting things out :):)

She's on straight liquid medicine now and we've made arrangements so she doesn't ever need to get out of the bed. That will be a big help because it caused her a lot of pain to be picked up to go to the potty. Now she can just sleep and not have to worry about anything.

I'm sitting here with her now and she looks quite peaceful. I hope her mind is peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment