Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I really miss her today and I REALLY want to talk to her :(

Reality is setting in...



I'm editting this the next day because I didn't have time last night to. After feeling really sad most of the day, this is what I read in my devotion. I'm only typing out the part that jumped out at me. Once again, God gave me a love note...just at the right time:

"Come to Me with your defenses down, ready to be blessed and filled with My Presence. Relax, and feel the relief of being totally open and authentic with Me. You have nothing to hide and nothing to disclose, because I know everything about you already. You can have no other relationship like this one. (even the one I am so desperately wanting with my mom) Take time to savor its richness, basking in My golden Light..."

Obviously it's not wrong to miss my mom, and God wants me to talk to Him about all my feelings, but I am still making the same mistake I've been making for years...making my relationship with my mom more important than my relationship with God. It was just something I needed to be reminded of. I don't always learn lessons very quickly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment