Saturday, October 15, 2011

Unreal...

I know everything I say has been said by so many people before me, but it is still true.

It's not real yet. Hasn't sunk in yet. The sadness is settling in, but I wonder how long it takes for it to really feel real.

My dad is staying with us this weekend and going to church with us tomorrow. We had a great dinner tonight with our best friends. Trying to keep my dad busy because he is just not right, as you can imagine. I seriously can't even let my mind go to thinking about him being at the house by himself.

Today Ansley and I were talking and somehow Mimi came up. She knows where Mimi is and hasn't really asked any questions. I don't think a 3 year old can really understand. She just takes everyting I say as fact. So she just says that Mimi is in Heaven with Jesus. But today when we were talking I told her Poppy was coming over. I reminded her that Mimi wasn't coming and she said she knew...but then she said, "can we pretend Mimi is here?" Things like that make me the most sad. And that's the only area that maybe there is some anger...I dunno. I don't feel angry, but maybe it's lurking under the surface. I just so wish those sweet children would have the chance to know what an amazing grandmother they had.

Anyway, now I'm rambling and not really knowing even what I want to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment