Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving...

Well, it was the first holiday without her. All in all it wasn't that bad. I'll be honest, this morning I was having a bit of a hard time. I kept thinking to myself, "I know that I have a lot to be thankful for, but right now all I can think about is what I don't have". I didn't want to feel that way, but I did. However, it wasn't long before I got an attitude adjustment. I heard about a couple different stories this morning/afternoon that made me realize just how good I have it. Again, I already "knew" it, but it was good to be reminded. I was talking with someone at dinner today and we were talking about how everything is about perspective. Someone else may look at my situation and think that's the worst, but something someone else is going through I may think it worse. Don't get me wrong, I know it's ok to be sad. I don't feel guilty for being sad at all - in fact I wish I was more sad more often, but I was glad that God very quickly brought to my attention that I have it pretty good.

There were definitely times today that I felt things were incomplete. I'm not sure if it was better or worse that my dad wasn't here either. I already knew it, but she was such a part of my entire life and nothing feels the same anymore.  :(


Thankful for Mama: Day 4
Today I'm thankful for the spiritual influence she had on Ansley, even in the short time she spent with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment