Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful for Mama: Day 2

I know that some of you know a lot of my mom's testimony, but there are many who don't. Maybe because this part of it effects me so personally it's my "favorite" part of her testimony if that makes sense.

My mom never liked kids. She didn't want them at all. In fact about a year before she got saved she thought she was pregnant and went to the abortion clinic. She was on the table ready to have the abortion when the doctors told her they didn't really think she was pregnant. They gave her something to take at home and told her that if her period started than she wasn't pregnant. Well thankfully (and mercifully) she was not. However, that didn't change her feelings at all. She still knew that if she ever did get pregnant, she would just go back and have the abortion.

My mom got saved October 26, 1978...she got pregnant with me just "days" later. She found out she was pregnant about 2 weeks after her conversion. She has always proclaimed how blessed and happy she is that God saved her before, because she knew she would have eliminated me and she was always so thankful she didn't have to live with that kind of mistake. She was so happy when she found out and so overwhelmed with God's goodness. I think it was just the perfect way to "kick off" her new life :):) She loved the song "My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride. One of the lyrics says "but the truth is plain to see, she was sent to rescue me". A few years ago she wrote in my Birthday card that said those lyrics were exactly how she felt. She felt that God had given me to her as a "baby EMT" as she put it. I remember sitting in the restaraunt just crying reading those sweet words... she had such a way with words :)  I know she thought I was the gift and I guess technically I was, but I feel like I was the one who received the gift. I still don't quite understand why I was chosen to get her as a mom. She was just the most wonderful woman I've ever known. I miss her so very much. (sorry, this isn't supposed to be about that...but I can't help it)

So anyway, today I'm thankful that God saved her soul at exactly the right time :) It's such an encouragement looking forward that He is going to do what He is going to do at the perfect time. "Perfect" to Him, not us.

No comments:

Post a Comment