Wednesday, November 9, 2011

God's Provision

My dad has been so overwhelmed with all of the things that need to be done "after the fact". That in turn overwhelmes me so I figured if I could have a few hours to set aside I could make a lot of progress. I prayed yesterday that God would give me a very productive day. I made my list and set off for my parent's house. He is so good and I got everything on my list done. Everyone I talked to - from the bank rep, the insurance people, hospital people, even AT&T people - were soooo helpful. Everything went so smoothly. I couldn't believe how easily everything went. Towards the end of my mom's life one of the only things she could clearly say was, "He is soooo good Brittany, God is so good". I can still hear her voice saying it and that's probably how I will always hear it. It's definitely how I heard it yesterday.

When I went by the insurance place to have her taken off the auto and homeowners policy I got a pleasant surprise. I walked in and told them what I was here for. When I told them who I was I was very quickly ushered back to see someone specific. It was a woman who had been friends with my mom for years. It was so neat to hear from ANOTHER source just how loved and respected my mother was. We sat and talked and she told me stories and all kinds of stuff. One of the things she said was how "genuine" my mom was. I've said before that that is probably the thing I loved most about her and I think it's cool that so many other people appreciated it too. It was great to be greeted with such love while doing something that isn't necessarily very fun.

I'm just so grateful for His provision in so many different areas. I've never liked the song "Friend of God" very much, but it came on the radio last night on my way home and I heard it with different ears :) Very simple lyrics, but they showed me just how much He really is thinking of me :):)

Who am I that you are mindful of me
That you hear me, when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How you love me, it's amazing

 
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
He calls me friend

No comments:

Post a Comment