Monday, September 12, 2011

I got a nice surprise when I got to my parents house after Bible Study tonight. Because I had gotten held up I figured she'd be asleep, or at the very least in her bed. Instead she was sitting up in her chair looking extremely alert and very much like her old self...well, expect for the baldness and skinnyness ;). After talking for a while she told me that she is definitely feeling better, she's not in as much pain, she is more alert and awake and she can even hear better :):)

We've had a great conversation (again it happened organically so I wasn't able to get the recorder and record it :( )

However, now she is beginning to get sick to her stomach, which apparently hasn't happened. She's going to start the anti-nausea pills in the morning to see if that helps.

I'm definitely encouraged though. To the point where if it continues like this for the next 2 days we are going to cancel the "round the clock" care...at least for now.

I was going here tonight wishing I could talk to her about all the other stuff going on in our life right now, but knowing she would be in no condition to hear it. God is so good though and we were able to have some really great conversation. All His little blessings are so fun and so personal.

She's sleeping in the bed right now and I'm sitting here in the chair typing. I love being able to be this close to her. I am so grateful for Danny and for all my friends that have rallied to support me by watching the kids so that I can be here with her. I feel like Parker (Phoebe's BF) on one of my favorite Friends episodes. I feel like I want to take a mental picture..."click". (ok, I can already see Erin laughing at that statement) But it's exactly how I feel. So thankful for this opportunity.

"I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me" Psalm 13:6

No comments:

Post a Comment