Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Mom"

For a long time my mom has written beautiful poetry...to me, to me and Danny, to the kids. For her birthday this year I wanted to write her one. It's nowhere near the quality of hers, but it was heartfelt:

In life sometimes we can’t see how
why certain things He does allow:
Is the reason complex, or,
just to trust the Father more?
Right now it’s hard, I must admit
to rest on Him, to Him submit
It’s a struggle to know the reason why
God would take away my “Eli”
I can hear him calling, “Come daughter rest
on my strong, yet loving chest”.
So I’ll surrender to His call
and at His holy feet I’ll fall
Though I may be entering the darkest of days
I know His ways are not my ways
I’ll thank Him for each day we’ve shared
and rejoice over the pain you’re spared
Because I know within my soul
one day your faith will make you whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment