Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

One of my most favorite things in life is the fact that my mom and I share a birthday. I have loved it my whole life. It makes me feel as though we have an extra special bond. Obviously I've been wondering if this is going to be our last Birthday together. Even though our Birthday isn't tomorrow, we still spent the day together yesterday like we usually do. We invited our best friends over to her house and we had lunch, spent some time talking, opened some presents, watched a movie, had some cupcakes and talked some more. It was a wonderful day! She was so much more coherent than she has been in recent weeks and was able to make it though the whole day with "managable pain".

Even though I'm trying to be hopeful, I'm pretty sure it was the last time we will ever get to celebrate our special day together. Lately there keep being little things that remind me of how life is about to change so drastically, those are the things that are getting to me the most right now.

I pray that what has been one of my favorite things in life won't become a source of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment