Thursday, October 8, 2015

Out of the "Furnace"

I've just spent the last hour or so rereading this entire blog. Honestly I can't remember feeling or thinking half of what I wrote. It's amazing how that happens. It's been fun to look back and see all the little gifts that God gave me through the process. It's encouraging to see where I am compared to where I used to be.

I've been out of this particular "furnace" for a while now. Of course there are times I'm sad and of course I still miss her, but overall, I'm doing well. God, as always, "is so good". I'm thankful that at the moment I don't have a furnace to go through.

...

Instead I have watched friends that I love walk through their own furncaces. The kind that I pray I never have to walk through.

I've witnessed the epitome of fear and faith in the same instant.

I've begged God to take these people out of their furnace. I'm still begging actually.

I've sobbed, screamed and prayed like I've never done before.

I've thanked God for the healing that has already taken place.

I've asked God to heal broken hearts.

I've longed to take away their pain.

I've praised Him for the wonderous works He has performed through these furnaces, and the works I know are still to come.


These "furnaces" change people. That's the point right? Tonight I thank God for how He has changed me and how He is changing the people in my life.

And I want to encourage everyone else...

If you feel like you are in a "furnace" right now, please know that there is a purpose for it. I know it sucks. I know you don't want to be in it. But if you let Him, God will grow you into something you could never have imagined.

O LORD, you are my God;
I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness you
have done marvelous things.
Things planned long ago. 

Isaiah 25:1

No comments:

Post a Comment